(For a list of RIA specific questions answered, see my list of videos.)
1. Why did you start Transition To RIA?
2. Will all of our interactions be kept confidential?
3. What do you charge for your service?
See my Pricing page for a full explanation.
4. What size advisors are you able to help?
5. At what point in considering the RIA model should we contact you?
6. If we haven’t definitively decided yet on the RIA model, can you still help us consider it?
7. Will the vendors you recommend we contact treat our referral differently?
Yes, in a good way! Consider an analogy of otherwise identical prospective clients that get connected to your practice:
- Prospective client #1 calls your main office line and asks to make an appointment to meet with you.
- Prospective client #2 is introduced to you by one of your top existing clients.
Naturally, you will be responsive and provide value and service to each. However, with prospective client #2, how you treat them will likely be communicated back to your existing client. Hence, you don’t want to jeopardize your existing relationship (and source of referrals) and so are even more responsive and helpful to the referred client.
That is similar when I make referrals to vendors. They are desiring I make such referrals, and want to protect their referral source (me) by being absolutely responsive and helpful to advisors I refer to them (you).
8. Are you familiar with employee and independent broker/dealer models?
9. Will you refer advisors to employee and independent broker/dealer models?
10. You give away so much info on your website, aren’t you afraid advisors won’t then reach out to you?
There is endless content online on how to manage wealth. Yet your clients turn to you as they understand and appreciate the value of working with a trusted expert, as opposed to trying to “Do-It-Yourself”. Advisors that want and expect the best for their practice, reach out to me for a one-on-one engagement.
11. Why are you always wearing the same style shirt?
When I started the firm, I planned to have my RIA Question & Answer video series. I also knew most of my interactions with advisors would be via zoom. I never wanted to have to think about what I was wearing in the last video I made, or what I was wearing the last time I appeared on a zoom with an advisor, etc.
Solution? Pick a particular outfit from the onset, and stick to it! Hence, the black polo.
Can’t find the answer you need?
Not a problem. Get in touch and we can discuss.